ADAPT is a world-leading multi-institutional research centre and is Ireland's global centre of excellence for digital content. Awarded €50 million in funding, it combines the expertise of researchers at seven higher education institutions with that of industry partners to produce ground-breaking innovation in digital content that is revolutionising the way people interact with content, systems and each other.
- Our analysis techniques allow more powerful tailored access to customer and community insights
- ADAPT is pushing the boundaries of human speech and gesture recognition to increase the accuracy of robotic interpretation
- We extend the effectiveness of all the MT system types across a wide range of languages and domains
- ADAPT are transforming and delivering personalised content
- Our Machine Learning models enable the analysis of complex data such as financial data sets giving accurate results on large scale data sets
- ADAPT’s technology facilitates the recognition of relationships between multi-dimensional data sets by providing new ways to interpret, interact with and gain insights from data
Many of ADAPT’s 200 researchers collaborate on research projects with industry partners. Its current projects include:
- Next Generation Recommender Systems – A Collaborative, Contextual, and Content-Based Recommender
- Novel Visualisation of Financial Data - Using VR to explore confidential financial risk
- Street View Object Detection and Mapping - Discovery and geotagging of assets in street-level imagery
- Dialogue Machine Translation - Building real-time, task-oriented dialogue translation systems
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- University College Dublin
- Dublin Institute of Technology
Industry and Commercialisation
By enabling deeper engagement for users, ADAPT enhances efficiencies and global reach for a range of industry partners in industries such as ICT, localisation, financial services, eCommerce, eHealth, media, entertainment and games, life sciences, digital culture and humanities, and eLearning/education.
- Content-aware multilingual search and discovery technologies
- State-of-the-art interactive information retrieval and meta-data semantics models
- World-leading language technology systems
- Personalisation and delivery applications for textual and multi-modal content
Education and Public Engagement
ADAPT’s All Ireland Linguistics Olympiad (AILO) challenges secondary school students to develop their own strategies for solving problems in unfamiliar languages from around the globe.
They also collaborate with Science Foundation Ireland and the SFI Research Centres to support a wide range of education and public engagement initiatives.